Monday, May 3, 2010

National Harbor - Wasington, DC

Thank you to everyone who made our weekend at the National Harbor show such a great experience!  The location couldn't have been more beautiful - on the walks surrounding the beach, looking out to the water and the bridge to Alexandria.  Weather was gorgeous, if a bit hot, but no rain and people were out in droves.  These are pics I took while we were setting up.  Love the public art!



I didn't have chance to walk the whole show because Syed and I were not next to each other (our oversight when applying) and that meant I didn't get to wander around much.  But I was blown away by one Woodrow Nash from Akron, Ohio (www.theragegallery.com).  His head and shoulders clay sculptures of African women are an expression of ancient dignity and beauty - a kind of connection to earth/humanity.

Exhibiting also was my friend and amazing artist sculptor Nnamdi Okonkwo whose work is simply elegant in it's essence of womanhood.  Nuanced and purely Nnamdi they shout of love and joy!

Syed's Autumn series was a great success as was the River Series, so he'll be busy tomorrow cutting glass and working on more pieces in those veins.  I am still wondering when I am going to get to keep a group for our own collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment